Settlement Applications


If you have resided in UK for a number of years then you might be entitled to settle in UK and obtain an Indefinite Leave to Remain if you are non-EU or Permanent Residency if you are from EU.

There are various routes in which you can apply for settlement, some more complicated than others and discretionary.

Some of the categories are listed below:

  • You’re the family member or partner of a British citizen (2 year or 5 Year route)
  • You’re the family member or partner of someone who has settled in the UK (5 year or 10 year route)
  • You have a study visa (10 years residency)
  • You have a work visa (5 years residency)
  • You have Discretionary Leave (6 years or 10 years residency)
  • You’ve been in the UK legally for 10 years (Long Residence)

These are some but not all the routes to apply for settlement along with residency requirements. For more detailed requirements and a free 10 minute consultation to find out which route you are eligible for call us – 0208 594 0036


The above information is correct at the time of publishing and for up to date information please check Home Office website or call us.